GeneSeek® Genomic Profiler™ (GGP) Services
Our new GGP-LD and GGP Bovine 150K will provide you and your association with ultramodern tools to achieve faster breed improvement and highly accurate genomically enhanced estimated breeding values (GE-EBV). Download GGP Tech Sheet.
GGP-LD – Your new workhorse profiler, the GGP-LD gives you an effective, affordable genomic profiler for routine seedstock profiling, selection and management. The GGP-LD offers high-accuracy genomic prediction at about half the price of high-density products. It is an ideal tool to test your entire bull-calf crop and your replacement females, too.
Whole-herd use. Speed improvement as you make breeding, selection and marketing decisions on a whole-herd basis.
- Better cows. Your cows are what makes you different and better. Profiling your heifers speeds your progress, shortens your generation interval and helps you get ahead.
- Profiling bull calves. Deliver accurate GE-EPDs plus knowledge of sire’s key strengths.
- Modern. Supplies tens of thousands more markers for the new “one-step” method of GE-EPD calculation.
- Reputation. Provide highly accurate GE-EPDs for your yearling bulls while you profile and develop superior cow lines.
- Growth. Verify quality to new customers, distant buyers and internet auction viewers.
GGP Bovine 150K – The most powerful commercial seedstock profiler ever. The new GGP Bovine 150K will become the gold standard of commercial genomic profilers, making it ideal for elite seedstock, donor dams, A.I. studs and cattle profile data for the next generation of genomic tests.
- New gold standard. Up to 150,000 genetic markers are built into the GGP Bovine 150K. It is the new gold standard of the industry.
- Precision. The GGP Bovine 150K provides more extensive data than any other commercial profiler. The result is higher accuracy you can use for elite animals.
- Unique content. Working with researchers globally, we include the most impactful new markers for cattle performance, reproduction and progeny. The GGP Bovine 150K detects gene variations that are not revealed by other products.
- Elite animals. Researchers will use this technology to test training populations and design new tests for the future.
ISAG reference for verifying parentage
USDA parentage markers – The GGP-LD and GGP Bovine 150K contain all of the globally recognized USDA parentage markers. Using these world-standard gene markers means any breed of animal tested will be eligible for consideration as a parent or progeny. These markers also are used by the world beef genomics research community.
Genetic health and conditions
The GGP Bovine 150K and GGP-LD come with built-in detection of many genetic abnormalities and conditions in breeding cattle. This saves you time getting the information if you need to order it.